pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How best to browse sources
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:36:39 GMT

Hi Greg,
for what I remember we didn't include them because of redistribution
constraints (Oracle and/or Apache): the plugin.jar required here to compile
in inside the JRE.
And the same for anyone who need Java Web Start features (jaws.jar, or
jnlp.jar).
But even it redistribution of those files would be possible, I'd prefer to
not include them in our repository, to avoid handling (updating etc) them.

In Eclipse, a simple way to solve this is to add plugin.jar (and if wanted
even jaws.jar) to the JRE System Library of the current JRE, under
Preferences/Java/Installed JREs (note that in eclipse is running form a JDK
as should be, as a good option, use those jar from jdk-1.6.0_folder/jre/lib)
in the workspace used to build Pivot sources.

Hope this helps.

Bye,
Sandro