pivot-user mailing list archives

From lello <rborre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tooltip not in main window
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 12:19:01 GMT

This story makes me wonder about Pivot internal structure.
It seems to be designed to display objects inside one window. Though this
model is clearly the reference choice for applets, I don't know if it is a
good choice for a Desktop application. Since you are moving to IIA,
which should be applications that can run independently from browser (but
still using internet contents),
I'd like to have your opinion on the inherent limits of Pivot structure. In
Swing (if I remember correctly) you can always access the "screen" and paint
something on it independently from your parent window.
Please correct me if my knowledge is not correct.