pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Brown" <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: tooltip not in main window
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:42:58 GMT
That is part of the problem - not all platforms support window translucency, so that actually
would not be that easy.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Chris Bartlett" <cbartlett.x@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Feb 4, 2011 8:14 am
Subject: tooltip not in main window
To: <user@pivot.apache.org>

If people want it, I imagine it could be included into Pivot.
It is best to add a feature request to JIRA and then see what comments
arise.  (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT)

For desktop applications, this kind of tooltip makes sense, but the current
tooltip works fine in applets as well.
I imagine that the fade-out transition of the tooltip can probably be
handled too with a little effort.

I have attached my hacked together example in case you or anyone else is
interested.

Chris