pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Greg Brown" <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Multiple selections in List
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 04:30:03 GMT
There is no technical reason this couldn't be supported - I just wasn't aware of that convention.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Philippe Lhoste" <PhiLho@GMX.net>
Date: Thu, Feb 3, 2011 1:26 pm
Subject: Multiple selections in List
To: <user@pivot.apache.org>

I just compiled the lists tutorials rewritten in Scala (needs a little more work to be complete),
and I was surprised that I cannot do multiple disjoint large selections. Same behavior in
the online applet.

Let me explain: in most lists/tables I use, be it in Windows Explorer (list of files), Thunderbird
(list of messages), Java's JTable and so on, I can click on an item to select it (exclusively),
then Shift+click to select a range, then Ctrl+click beyond the last place, resulting in a
range and one distinct item selected.
So far, that's the behavior of Pivot.
But in the above lists, I can further do a Ctrl+Shift+click below to get two ranges. In Pivot,
it just selects between the first click and the last one. :-(

Is it intended or just an overlook? In the latter case, is there any chance to see this fixed?
It is typically the small (?) task one can attack to scratch their own itches, but I need
to improve my Pivot knowledge before daring to fix code there.

In case I wasn't clear:

aaaa
bbbb <-- click
cccc  |