pivot-user mailing list archives

From Aanjaneya Shukla <aanjan...@vmware.com>
Subject RE: getting object fron its container
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 16:24:35 GMT
Okay, but if I have multiple Window object and I randomly load an object into my frame. In
this case I have access to only the Container object and if I have to suppose disable a button
in my window then I need the Button object. And in this case I don't have location of bxml
file, hence I don't think BXMLSerializer can be used.

Thanks

From: Greg Brown [gk_brown@verizon.net]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 20:53
To: user@pivot.apache.org
Subject: Re: getting object fron its container

Actually, because the BXML ID value is mapped to Component#setName() via the IDProperty annotation,
you could also get the button in the example below via getNamedComponent("Button1").

However, as Chris noted, getNamedComponent() is not recursive. If you want access to all values
declared with IDs in your BXML file, you should use BXMLSerializer.getNamespace().get() or
implement Bindable in your root element.