pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: [pivot] are there any tools to convert bxml to Java?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 18:08:56 GMT
> I think some people would prefer to use BXML style, but the point here is Java API based
development should be equally well supported.(without assuming the use of BXML).

It is. You are not required to use BXML. Anything that can be done in BXML can also be done
in Java or any other JVM language. BXML is just a shortcut to writing such code by hand.

> I think Pivot is, in the basic Java oriented approach, more closer to Vaadin than Silverlight
etc. Vaadin explicitly avoid using any form of XML as basic policy, it emphasizes pure Java
based approach. I wonder Pivot developers have looked at the project..

I am loosely familiar with Vaadin. However, I believe Pivot and Vaadin address different use
cases. Pivot (like Flex and Silverlight) runs on the client, whereas Vaadin runs on the server.
To me, Vaadin seems more closely related to something like Canoo than Pivot.