pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Meaning of baseType parameter in BXMLSerializer#readObject(baseType, resourceName)
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 13:00:11 GMT
Yeah, it's sort of a confusing method signature.  :-(  The base type is just the class that
the file is relative to. The method signature that takes a URL may be clearer:

bxmlSerializer.readObject(getClass().getResource("foo.bxml"));

On Jan 12, 2011, at 7:17 AM, Marco Castillo wrote:

> Dear List:
> Which is the meaning of the parameter baseType in the call of BXMLSerializer#readObject(baseType,
resourceName). In the documentation it states that is the base type!!
> I'm asking this because I have many .bxml files and one loader class associated with
each .bxml file. Inside each .bxml file is a border pane with a layout in it. I want to load
each .bxml file and then insert each component created inside a CardPane as it is done in
the KitchenSink demo. The difference is that I'm not embedding each class loader class into
the main class, I have each class in its own separate file.
> I saw in the KitchenSink demo that the baseType parameter was always the KitchenSink.class.
So in my case, which class should I put as the baseType parameter in the readObject call?
the loader class or the main class?