pivot-user mailing list archives

From calathus <calat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pivot] are there any tools to convert bxml to Java?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 21:05:05 GMT
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 12:34 PM, Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net> wrote:

> > OK, I'm not actually thinking BXML should be abandoned.  There are many
> type of user and usage scenario which would fit BXML approach.
> > But these approach is static, it is not good fit for creating more
> dynamic library for GUI(for instance the number of table columns are changed
> based on passed parameter class).
> > Since you put low priority for supporting readable Java code generation,
> I thought you may not be interested in this type of approach.
>
> I don't see the value in trying to generate "readable" Java code from BXML.
> If you are a developer who prefers to declare your UI in Java (perhaps using
> your builder approach), then you probably won't be using BXML anyways and
> won't care what the generated code looks like. If you are a developer who
> prefers BXML, you most likely will never look at the generated code, since
> presumably you want to continue developing in BXML and only use the compiler
> for the performance or compile-time type safety benefits.

 I understand your position. But the attribute order, final classes issues
are independent from BXML to Java converter.
The current API will prohibit readable Java code written by hand.
If you check the generated code sample in my github, and move all attributes
after all of inner elements declaration, you will not like to have that
codes.

--
Cheers,
calathus