pivot-user mailing list archives

From calathus <calat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pivot]how to display Japanese Fonts using only Java class?
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 01:58:16 GMT
Thanks for reply.

I set fonts at beginning of the startup method, but still it does not show
Japanese fonts.
What is wrong here? Should we use fontFamily as font name???

    @Override
    public void startup(Display display, Map<String, String> properties)
throws Exception {
     GraphicsEnvironment ge =
GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment();
     String []fontFamilies = ge.getAvailableFontFamilyNames();
     for (String fontFamily: fontFamilies) {
     System.out.println("fontFamily: "+fontFamily);
     } // ==> this shows "Sazanami Gothic", "Sazanami Mincho"

     //Font font = new Font("Sazanami Gothic", Font.TRUETYPE_FONT, 12);
     for (final String fontFamily: new String[]{"Sazanami Gothic", "Sazanami
Mincho"}) {
                // do we need to put all these size???
     for(int i=12; i<=30; i++) {
     final Font font = new Font(fontFamily, Font.PLAIN, i);
     //final Font font = new Font(fontFamily, Font.TRUETYPE_FONT, i);
     Theme.getTheme().setFont(font);
     }
     }
}

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net> wrote:

> > Is it possible to use Japanese fonts in Pivot ??
>
> Yes, but the default font (Verdana) does not include Japanese characters.
> When your app starts up, you just need to set a font that does include
> Japanese characters. You set the theme font via Theme.getTheme().setFont().

Cheers,
calathus