pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Exporting my app to a jar file
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 22:47:28 GMT
This seems like it must be a pretty elementary question, but what do I need
to do to make a runnable jar file out of my app?  I'm using Eclipse, where
my app runs fine.  I tried doing Export | Runnable JAR file, but when I run
it, it dies while parsing the top-level bxml file, where it fails to find a
file that's included from it.  Here's what Java reports:

An error occurred at line number 21 in file
com/fxpal/myunity/DashboardWindow.bxml:
java.net.MalformedURLException: Could not open InputStream for URL
'rsrc:Dashboard.bxml'
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.jarinjarloader.RsrcURLConnection.getInputStream(RsrcURLConnection.java:46)
at java.net.URL.openStream(Unknown Source)
at
org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer.processStartElement(BXMLSerializer.java:881)
at org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer.readObject(BXMLSerializer.java:435)
at org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer.readObject(BXMLSerializer.java:614)
at org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer.readObject(BXMLSerializer.java:568)
at org.apache.pivot.beans.BXMLSerializer.readObject(BXMLSerializer.java:534)
at com.fxpal.myunity.DashboardWindow.create(DashboardWindow.java:28)
at com.fxpal.myunity.Program.startup(Program.java:27)
at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext$2.run(DesktopApplicationContext.java:594)
at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.ApplicationContext$QueuedCallback.run(ApplicationContext.java:1474)

The file it's parsing at the time looks like

<my:DashboardWindow
    xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
    xmlns:my="com.fxpal.myunity"
    xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">

 ... some containers inside other containers ...

       <bxml:include bxml:id="dashboard" src="Dashboard.bxml" />

You've said that include directives with non-absolute paths are interpreted
relative to the file being parsed.  Dashboard.bxml is indeed in the jar file
and in the same directory as DashboardWindow.bxml.  The
method DashboardWindow.create looks like this:

    public static Window create() throws IOException, SerializationException
{ BXMLSerializer bxmlSerializer = new BXMLSerializer(); return
(DashboardWindow)bxmlSerializer.readObject(DashboardWindow.class,
"DashboardWindow.bxml"); }

What am I missing?