pivot-user mailing list archives

From Le Zhou <lezhouy...@gmail.com>
Subject How to run the chart demo as an application
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 08:57:29 GMT
Hi everyone,

I can not view the "Charting" demo at http://pivot.apache.org/demos/, so i
want to run the demo as an application on my computer to see what it is
like.

I used the source code from
http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/source/browse/trunk/demos/src/biz/ixnay/pivot/demos/charts/jfree

I made the ChartsDemo class implement Applicaton, added one main funcion,
just as the "Hello WTKX" program,  and put all .bxml files under classpath,

When I ran this application, I got an error as follows:

"An error occurred while processing  org.apache.pivot.wtk.TabPane starting
at line number 24 in file
/home/lezhou/workspace/HelloPivot/bin/biz/ixnay/pivot/demos/charts/jfree/charts_demo.bxml:
org.apache.pivot.serialization.SerializationException: Property elements
cannot have a namespace prefix."

When I comment out all content between <TabPane> and </TabPane>, which are
the same as follows:

<bxml:include src="pie_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="Pie Chart"/>
<bxml:include src="bar_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="Bar Chart"/>
<bxml:include src="line_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="Line Chart"/>
<bxml:include src="area_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="Area Chart"/>
<bxml:include src="high_low_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="High Low Chart"/>

previous error never come out anymore. I guess "bxml:include" might be
treated as namespace prefix, but I've no idea how to solve this problem...

Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot!