pivot-user mailing list archives

From Taro App <ichize...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FileBrowserSheet Issues
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 01:38:11 GMT
Greg,

Thank you for your reply.

I decided to use JFileChooser instead of FileBrowserSheet for now
because the current functionality of FileBrowserSheet is limited by
bug/design. In addition to the two issues I already mentioned, I need
to customize file sort order so files are sorted such as "ABC1.txt,
ABC2.txt, ABC10.txt, ABC20.txt" instead of "ABC1.txt, ABC10.txt,
ABC2.txt, ABC20.txt." I found it is fairly easy to extend JFileChooser
for this customization, but it is difficult with FileBrowserSheet. A
wonderful point, however, is that JFileChooser works beautifully with
Pivot!

I would also like to add that FileBrowserSheet.setRootDirectory should
probably be named setCurrentDirectory, or should be documented as
such. It was misleading to me. No offence ;)

Masaki

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 2:01 AM, Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net> wrote:
> Ah, OK. That's by design (sort of). As I recall, we punted on supporting Shift-click
for range selection when items are disabled in a table (it made the logic simpler). You could
enter an enhancement request for it if you like.

> On Jan 11, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Taro App wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> For the first issue, I created a ticket:
>>
>> FileBrowserSheet's File column width is not adjustable
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-692
>>
>> For the second issue, I found that only Shift+Click does not work,
>> while Ctrl+Click works correctly. Is this a bug or by design?
>>
>> apptaro
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net> wrote:
>>> Both sound like potentially valid issues. Can you create a JIRA ticket for each?
For the second issue, a small sample app to reproduce the problem would be helpful. Thanks.