pivot-user mailing list archives

From calathus <calat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [pivot] are there any tools to convert bxml to Java?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 20:18:56 GMT
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net> wrote:

> > Pivot definitely can support Java in similar level as Swing.
> > So at this level, I think there are not much disagreement.
> >
> > Also you would think swing style is not usable, so you introduced BXML.
> > But I want to have an usable Java framework without relying on external
> framework(XML)
> > I wonder why you are not interesting in this type of approach.
>
> What makes you think I am not interested? I have already said repeatedly
> that I like the approach you have suggested. But I think that it should be
> an addition to the existing XML approach, not a replacement for it.

OK, I'm not actually thinking BXML should be abandoned.  There are many type
of user and usage scenario which would fit BXML approach.
But these approach is static, it is not good fit for creating more dynamic
library for GUI(for instance the number of table columns are changed based
on passed parameter class).
Since you put low priority for supporting readable Java code generation, I
thought you may not be interested in this type of approach.

--
Cheers,
calathus