pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: TextArea issues & questions
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 08:51:42 GMT
> 1. When I copy and paste Excel data to TextArea, tab characters are
> not displayed. For example, if I copy [data1][data2] in excel and
> paste it onto TextArea, "data1data2" is displayed instead of
> "data1<tab>data2" If I copy "data1data2" in TextArea and paste it onto
> a text editor, it becomes "data1<tab>data2" so the tab character is
> there, but just is not rendered. I also found that pressing Ctrl+Tab
> enters four spaces instead of a tab character. Is it easy to
> fix/customize this?

TextArea doesn't support the tab character because it doesn't support tab stops. Instead,
Control-Tab key presses are converted to spaces. You can configure this via the tabWidth style.
It doesn't currently work for pasting text containing tabs, though - this should probably
be entered as a bug.

> 2. When text in TextArea is selected across multiple lines, font of
> selected text looks different. If text is in English, it looks okay,
> but when text is in Japanese, it looks funny. Is it possible to use
> the same font for selected text?

It should be the same font, but it is rendered in a different color. Is that what you mean?

> 3. Mouse drag in TextArea causes IndexOutOfBoundsException ->
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-693

Thanks.

> 4. InputText should support editable="false". I worked around with a
> single line TextArea with editable="false", but the pain part is
> TextArea doesn't scroll horizontally with mouse drag.

I believe there is a feature request for this already, but if not please feel free to enter
one.