pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to run the chart demo as an application
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 18:08:48 GMT
You don't need to rewrite anything - just make sure that all of the JARs are on your classpath
and launch it via ScriptApplication:

java -cp ... org.apache.pivot.wtk.ScriptApplication --src=/biz/ixnay/pivot/demos/charts/jfree/charts_demo.bxml

Let me know if you have any problems.

On Jan 4, 2011, at 3:57 AM, Le Zhou wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I can not view the "Charting" demo at http://pivot.apache.org/demos/, so i want to run
the demo as an application on my computer to see what it is like.

> I used the source code from http://code.google.com/p/pivot-jfree/source/browse/trunk/demos/src/biz/ixnay/pivot/demos/charts/jfree
>
> I made the ChartsDemo class implement Applicaton, added one main funcion, just as the
"Hello WTKX" program,  and put all .bxml files under classpath,

> When I ran this application, I got an error as follows:
>
> "An error occurred while processing  org.apache.pivot.wtk.TabPane starting at line number
24 in file /home/lezhou/workspace/HelloPivot/bin/biz/ixnay/pivot/demos/charts/jfree/charts_demo.bxml:
> org.apache.pivot.serialization.SerializationException: Property elements cannot have
a namespace prefix."

> When I comment out all content between <TabPane> and </TabPane>, which are
the same as follows:

> <bxml:include src="pie_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="Pie Chart"/>
> <bxml:include src="bar_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="Bar Chart"/>
> <bxml:include src="line_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="Line Chart"/>
> <bxml:include src="area_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="Area Chart"/>
> <bxml:include src="high_low_charts.bxml" TabPane.tabData="High Low Chart"/>
>
> previous error never come out anymore. I guess "bxml:include" might be treated as namespace
prefix, but I've no idea how to solve this problem...