pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: why ListButton.getListData returns List<?> ?
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:31:26 GMT
> I think you do not write Java code using these API directly(relying on BXML), you would
think the casting is not big deal.

These APIs are typically used from code, not BXML - I just don't think that casting is a big
deal in general. Sometimes it is necessary, especially when APIs are designed to be generic
(like this one). But, like I said, it is easy enough to add a type parameter to the method
to avoid the need to cast.

> If you don't like to have two methods, it may just support List<Object> version.
anyway we can alway cast to any type with double cast!

Blech! That's even worse.  :-)