pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: TableHeader
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 20:06:56 GMT
Well, a ListButton displays a popup, so I think we are probably describing the same thing.
 :-)  I have written a similar UI where right-clicking on the table header makes a menu popup
appear immediately below the header. The user can then select one of the values from the menu
to filter the table contents.

On Jan 5, 2011, at 3:00 PM, anton dos santos wrote:

> not exactly
> I want to implement a filter feature: when in a column there are multiple distinct values
then a ListButton with these distinct values is displayed in the header and when user select
one of the values, only the corresponding rows will be displayed in the table.
> I am not sure a popup is user friendly in this case
>
> Regards
> Anton
>
> On 05/01/2011 20:34, Greg Brown wrote:
>> You are correct - renderers do not support user interaction because they aren't really
there - they are just painted by the skin.

>> Are you trying to display a popup when the user clicks on the table header? If so,
there are other ways to do this. I can try to put together a quick example if it would help.

>> On Jan 5, 2011, at 2:30 PM, anton dos santos wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> I  have a  TableViewHeader that displays a ListButton, but the ListButon is not
usable.
>>> I assume it is because the header is drawn by a "renderer" and not an "editor".
Right?