pivot-user mailing list archives

From anton dos santos <adsan...@free.fr>
Subject Re: TableHeader
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 19:52:29 GMT
It is fixed in 2.0 :)
But I noticed that in 2.0, class org.apache.pivot.collections.FilteredList is missing. Will
it be
added again ?

Regards
Anton

On 06/01/2011 19:21, Greg Brown wrote:
> I believe that is a bug that was fixed for 2.0. Can you try running your app in 2.0 and
see if the problem is resolved?

> On Jan 6, 2011, at 12:10 PM, anton dos santos wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg
>>
>> I tried the easy way and added a MenuHandler to a custom header like this:
>>
>> public class TableViewFilterHeader extends TableViewHeader {
>>
>>       private MenuHandler menuHandler = new MenuHandler.Adapter() {
>>         @Override
>>         public boolean configureContextMenu(Component component, Menu menu, int x,
int y) {

>>             Menu.Section menuSection = new Menu.Section();
>>             menu.getSections().add(menuSection);
>>             int index = TableViewFilterHeader.this.getHeaderAt(x);
>>             String name = TableViewFilterHeader.this.getTableView().getColumns().get(index).getName();
>>             Menu.Item whatIsThisMenuItem = new Menu.Item("filter for "+name);
>>             whatIsThisMenuItem.setAction(new Action() {
>>                 @Override
>>                 public void perform( Component component) {
>>                     System.out.println("FilterAction performed");
>>                 }
>>             });
>>
>>             menuSection.add(whatIsThisMenuItem);
>>
>>             return false;
>>         }
>>     };
>>
>>   public TableViewFilterHeader() {
>>     setMenuHandler(menuHandler);
>>    }
>>
>> It works, when I right mouse click in the header, the menu is displayed and then
when I click in the menu, menu becomes invisible and header is redisplayed.
>> When I right mouse click in the header, the menu is displayed and then when I left
click outside of the table header, menu becomes also invisible and header is redisplayed.
>> But when right mouse click in the header, the menu is displayed and then when I left
click inside of the table header, menu becomes also invisible but header is not correctly
redisplayed (see attachment)
>> I am doing this with 1.5.2 and the demo with the Olympic Medals
>>
>> On 05/01/2011 21:34, Greg Brown wrote:
>>> Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking. You can register a mouse button listener
on the header and call getHeaderAt() to determine which header was pressed. Then you can call
getHeaderBounds() to get that header's bounding area. Finally, you can call mapPointToAncestor()
on the TableViewHeader to convert the header bounds to display coordinates for displaying
the context menu (you can call getDisplay() on the header to get the display).

the same thing.  :-)  I have written a similar UI where right-clicking on the table header
makes a menu popup appear immediately below the header. The user can then select one of the
values from the menu to filter the table contents.

multiple distinct values then a ListButton with these distinct values is displayed in the
header and when user select one of the values, only the corresponding rows will be displayed
in the table.

they aren't really there - they are just painted by the skin.

table header? If so, there are other ways to do this. I can try to put together a quick example
if it would help.