pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Epic fail = Pivot 2.0 + OpenJDK + IcedTea + FireFox
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:09:25 GMT

Sorry, I forget this:

> Since Mac OS X switched to OpenJDK, what do you expect to achieve by this
> politics of ignoring official opensource implementations of java???
I'm sure Apple will fix those parts (and I hope fixing even code that is
causing problems in Linux implementations). And now there is even IBM in
OpenJDK ...

> No future! =(((
I don't know if Applets have future ... but in any case I hope JVM/Plugin
implementors should fix problems, to avoid the dead of Applets. And note
that Java Web Start is a great alternative in many cases.

And, as a side note: starting from Pivot 2.0 we are more focused on
Installable Internet Applications (IIAs).

Sandro