pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Default scripting Listeners
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 13:37:19 GMT
> But I thought about the case of multiple common listeners, as I said. Do you think this
could be an enhancement for future releases, or it's not worthy?

I don't think it is a common enough use case to justify extending BXML syntax to support it.
It is fairly easy to create a listener instance in Java (or Scala, or even JavaScript) and
attach it using getFooListeners().add(). Besides, a listener is nothing more than a method
- you could do something like this if you really needed multiple "listeners:

<PushButton buttonData="Click Me!" ButtonPressListener.buttonPressed="onButtonPress1();
onButtonPress2()"/>