pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's the best component to subclass?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 01:27:29 GMT
Well, no, I generally don't want to go creating skins.  Sure, if I was
building a component to add to a library, that would make sense, but I'm
thinking more often of just ways of splitting a window into manageable
pieces.  You have the bxml:include construct to help with that, but I don't
want to just include markup, I want to also include the "backing class" for
that markup.

E.g., in WPF, I might create a component Foo to handle the interaction in
one tab of what you call a TabPane.  So the contents of the tab would be
just

   <my:Foo Name="myFoo" />

In Pivot, since backing classes aren't tied explicitly to bxml, I believe
I'd have to say the wordier

   <bxml:include bxml:id="myFoo" src="Foo.bxml" />

and the root element of Foo.bxml would be my:Foo.  So my question amounted
to, what should Foo ideally extend so as to carry the least baggage?