pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Window without control button
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 13:06:10 GMT
Jérôme,

I have hacked together a simple demo app (built against the Pivot 2.0 trunk)
that shows an undecorated splash screen before showing the main application.
 It might help you if you want the splash screen to be undecorated window.
 (Logo taken from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/project/logo/logo-256x256.png)

Note that there is a hack in there to change the decoration state of the
native frame, but as stated in the comments, at the moment I don't really
have time to look for a proper way of doing it.

I intend to use splash screens similar this in my applications, but was
planning to write a SplashWindow class (which would extend
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Window).  This class would be passed a BXML resource
file to display along with one or more Tasks to complete.  It would take
care of the running of the tasks, placement & sizing of the window etc.

Chris