pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to open two windows
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 12:43:08 GMT
> The host window is on the back.
> If I pass null I get an Illegal Argument Exception.
> Tell me there is a solution...

You are building Pivot from trunk, right? Try commenting out the check for owner == null.
Let me know how that goes.

> By the way, why does the function createDisplay() needs an AWT Window? we
> are all using pivot Windows...

As I mentioned earlier, all Pivot windows live in an instance of Display that is hosted by
a single native window (or applet), and are constrained to the bounds of that display. The
createDisplay() method creates another Display (and corresponding native host window) on which
Pivot windows can be opened. That native (AWT) window may or may not need a parent. It depends
on the needs of your application.

> and why does it need a parent window at all?

It probably doesn't. I think the null check is invalid. Let me know what you find out.