pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: windowClosing event
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 12:41:31 GMT
Sorry, I forgot that you are using 1.5.2 - that example is for 2.0 (so getSelectedOption()
actually no longer exists). Glad that you got it working, though.

On Dec 1, 2010, at 10:43 PM, Luiz Gustavo wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> it worked perfectly! thanks.
> Just a note: alert.getSelectedOptionInex() doesn't exist anymore. I had to use alert.getSelectedOption().
>
> Luiz
>
> 2010/12/2 Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net>
> No, just override shutdown() and return true until the user accepts the prompt. See this
example:

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tests/src/org/apache/pivot/tests/ShutdownTest.java
>

> On Dec 1, 2010, at 10:06 PM, Luiz Gustavo wrote:
>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> I'd like to just show a Prompt to the user, as he tries to close the application,
and as soon as he confirms, the applications exits normally.
>> WindowStateListener#previewWindowClose() doesn't really help me in that.
>> I could try Application#shutdown(), because de application is runing in a desktop.
Where would you put that? In the
>> WindowStateListener#previewWindowClose()?
>>
>> Luiz
>>

>> 2010/12/2 Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net>
>> You could implement WindowStateListener#previewWindowClose(), but that may not be
what you are looking for. I'd try using Application#shutdown(). You can return true from this
method if you want to cancel shutdown (though this currently only works when you are running
in DesktopApplicationContext, not a browser).

>>> http://luizgustavoss.blogspot.com