pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: pivot Collection overrides equals, hashCode, bug?
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:13:07 GMT
>> Although BXML based declarative style makes the GUI specification shorter,
>> when I started using Pivot, I faced a lots of runtime error, and it was
>> quite difficult to debug, I couldn't see any clue to debug. This
>> heterogeneous approach mixing, XML, Javascript, etc reminds me old JSP
>> style approach.

IMO, there is a big difference between JSP and BXML. BXML is a shortcut for instantiating
class hierarchies. You can optionally script it, but it is nowhere near as unstructured as
JSP, which let you inject script or other content pretty much anywhere. It is much closer
conceptually to the markup languages used by Flex and Silverlight (MXML and XAML, respectively).

Your point about debugging is valid, but it only applies if you are using script code. If
your BXML file is backed by a class that implements Bindable, you can wire up your event listeners
in Java and step through it like any other Java code.