pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Problems with flags
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 03:05:57 GMT
If you want the flag to disappear when the user enters some text, you could add a listener
to the text input that clears the flag when the text changes.

On Dec 21, 2010, at 10:02 PM, Luiz Gustavo wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> I'm calling salvarEdicao when the user submit de form. I whant to validate the requeired
fields befor inserting.
> I'll se the classes you told me, but in my scenario is there anything I can do?
>

> 2010/12/22 Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net>
> When are you calling the salvarEdicao() method? If you want to validate as the user types,
you'll need to call this method whenever the field value changes. For text, you may want to
consider using a validator for this. See the classes in org.apache.pivot.wtk.validation and
TextInput#setValidator().

> On Dec 21, 2010, at 9:37 PM, Luiz Gustavo wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm having problems using Form.flag.
>>

>> I have a method for inserting data from a form, and a validation on the begining:
>>

>> private void salvarEdicao() {
>>
>>     try {
>>
>>      Form.Flag flagDesc = null;
>>       Form.Flag flagVal = null;
>>       Form.Flag flagCat = null;
>>
>>       String desc = descricao.getText();
>>       String val = valor.getText();
>>
>>       if(desc == null || "".equals(desc.trim())){
>>         flagDesc = new Form.Flag(MessageType.ERROR, resources.get("campoRequerido").toString());

>>       }
>>       Form.setFlag(descricao, flagDesc);
>>
>>       if(val == null || "".equals(val.trim())){
>>         flagVal = new Form.Flag(MessageType.ERROR, resources.get("campoRequerido").toString());

>>       }
>>       Form.setFlag(valor, flagVal);
>>
>>       if(categoria == null){
>>         flagCat = new Form.Flag(MessageType.ERROR, resources.get("campoRequerido").toString());

>>       }
>>       Form.setFlag(categoria, flagCat);
>>
>>       if(flagDesc != null || flagVal != null || flagCat != null){
>>         return;
>>       }

>> }
>>

>> When I try to submit a form with desc and val (description and value) empty, just
one flag is presented. Even when I insert data in the "Descrição" field, the flag in the
field "Descrição" continues to apear. The flag of field "Valor" doesn't apear in neigther
cases.