pivot-user mailing list archives

From Jérôme Serré <jerome.michel.se...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Window without control button
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 13:20:41 GMT
Thank you very much. I will study that.
At the moment I have a splash but when I move the windows, with mouse,
during the loading of my app there is an error.

De : Chris Bartlett [mailto:cbartlett.x@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 10 décembre 2010 14:06
À : user@pivot.apache.org
Objet : Re: Window without control button

Jérôme,

I have hacked together a simple demo app (built against the Pivot 2.0 trunk)
that shows an undecorated splash screen before showing the main application.
It might help you if you want the splash screen to be undecorated window.
(Logo taken from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/project/logo/logo-256x256.png)

Note that there is a hack in there to change the decoration state of the
native frame, but as stated in the comments, at the moment I don't really
have time to look for a proper way of doing it.

I intend to use splash screens similar this in my applications, but was
planning to write a SplashWindow class (which would extend
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Window).  This class would be passed a BXML resource
file to display along with one or more Tasks to complete.  It would take
care of the running of the tasks, placement & sizing of the window etc.

Chris

On 10 December 2010 15:12, Jérôme Serré <jerome.michel.serre@gmail.com>