pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Default scripting Listeners
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 14:15:30 GMT
Actually, the method name is defined by the attribute name: ButtonPressListener.buttonPressed.
ButtonPressListener is the interface, and buttonPressed() is the handler method. The value
of the attribute is the script that is executed when the buttonPressed() method is called.
You can actually put any valid script code in there, but it is generally good to keep it to
a minimum for readability.

On Dec 8, 2010, at 8:44 AM, Luiz Gustavo wrote:

> Hi Greg,
>
> I undestood! methods used to register a listener can have any name... that's it!
>
> <PushButton buttonData="Click Me!" ButtonPressListener.buttonPressed="onButtonPress1();
onButtonPress2()"/>

> It answers my question. =)
>
> Thanks!
>

> 2010/12/8 Greg Brown <gk_brown@verizon.net>
> > But I thought about the case of multiple common listeners, as I said. Do you think
this could be an enhancement for future releases, or it's not worthy?

> I don't think it is a common enough use case to justify extending BXML syntax to support
it. It is fairly easy to create a listener instance in Java (or Scala, or even JavaScript)
and attach it using getFooListeners().add(). Besides, a listener is nothing more than a method
- you could do something like this if you really needed multiple "listeners: