pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to open two windows
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 15:47:10 GMT
> in my application I need to open a second window, a dialog, but I don't like
> the idea of having a dialog which ca be moved around only in the main
> window. Is it possible to open two windows?

Pivot windows are all contained within a single display. If you are using Pivot 2.0, you can
open multiple displays, each of which is contained in a native host window. See this example:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/examples/src/org/apache/pivot/examples/displays/multiple_display_example.bxml

Another option is to use a Sheet or Prompt instead of a Dialog or Alert. These windows still
only exist within the Pivot display, but they can't be moved by the user, which may offer
a better user experience depending on your needs.