pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: TabPane
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 01:56:42 GMT
Looks good so far (though you'll want to call setCollapsible(true), not setCollapsed()). Next
step would be:

BoxPane boxPane = new BoxPane();
boxPane.getStyles().put()...
etc.

While you can certainly create your UI this way, I am curious to know why you would prefer
to do it "by hand" rather than using BXML. I know that a lot of developers have an aversion
to XML, and this is (to some extent) justified - for many applications, XML is overly verbose,
and something like JSON would be more appropriate. However, for UI construction, XML really
is handy.

Take a look at the BXML Primer section of the tutorial for more info on how BXML maps to Java
(and vice versa).