pivot-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Möbius <dmoeb...@scoop-gmbh.de>
Subject Unable to easily drag-select multiple items in ListView
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 15:58:27 GMT
Continuing the discussion from
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-369 ...

I understand now that PIVOT-369 was about selecting multiple items and
_then_ dragging them to some other destination. I'm talking about a
different functionality: the ability to select multiple items with the
mouse by holding down the mouse button.

You can try this for instance on the JIRA Find Issues web page
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa :
The field "Project" is a multi-select list. Select any item with left
mouse click first, than drag and hold the left mouse button and move
down: more items will be selected.

This works at least in Firefox and IE, but not in Chrome currently.

I'd really like to see this feature in Pivot for all *View components
when multi-select is enabled, because it seems to be a pretty common
UI functionality.

Dirk.