pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Window stay-on-top
Date Sun, 07 Nov 2010 12:39:41 GMT
Hi Luciano,

At the moment, there is no way to implement exactly what your image appears to describe, since
Pivot doesn't currently support internal frames. This feature
is being tracked in this JIRA ticket:

1) "what are the attibutes I can set in a window/palette etc in adiction to to the properties
accessible by get/set methods..."

The "styles" of a component are defined by the bean properties of the currently installed
skin.

2) "how to make a window stay on top"

Any window will always remain on top of its owner.

3) "Is there any possibility to put an image background in the main display"

Not at present. However, you could do this with a StackPane once internal frame support has
been added.

In the meantime, perhaps you could consider using a TabPane instead of internal frames to
manage your MDI-like windows?

On Nov 6, 2010, at 11:41 PM, Luciano - Java/Pivot Java wrote:

> Hi,
>
> my name is Luciano, I am very new to Apache Pivot, but I am very happy and confident
it will grow, since broad band connections ara becaming much more common I believe applet
java have years ahead in terms of maturity and secutiry besides all of it protability... But
for me to start developing my solutions in Pivot I need a few more informations like what
are the attibutes I can set in a window/palette etc in adiction to to the properties accessible
by get/set methods... how to make a window stay on top. Is there any possibility to put an
image background in the main display? The attached pdf file has the prototype I am working
on, I have already done the same job in Swing and Flex...