pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Making a Dialog Active
Date Wed, 24 Nov 2010 18:15:28 GMT
The window that has the focus is not necessarily the same as the active window, so the behavior
you are describing is not necessarily a bug. However, when a dialog is opened, it should become
the active window. Feel free to submit a bug report, and please attach a small code sample
that demonstrates the problem.
Thanks,

On Nov 24, 2010, at 10:31 AM, ocean ocean wrote:

> Seeing some slightly strange, annoying behavior in Pivot 1.5.2. I have a main window
and I open a dialog on top of it. It seems like the new dialog window gets focus and I start
typing the key events flow to it but the dialog window's titlebar is not blue indicating that
it is now the active window. This doesn't happen until you actually use the mouse to click
on the dialog window. The result is pretty confusing and calling requestFocus() and requestActive()
on the dialog after opening it don't seem to do anything.

> Is this a known bug? (And where's the pivot jira so I can search these things?) Any ideas
on how to work around it?