pivot-user mailing list archives

From ChesStrategy <ChesStrat...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting a minimum (enforced) size for the Display
Date Mon, 15 Nov 2010 00:01:33 GMT

Hi,

I've currently using Pivot for my project, after I decided to abandon Swing.
I prematurely apologize if this is a dumb question, since I've only recently
started using Pivot.

Basically, I was wondering if I could enforce a minimum size (width and
height) for the display of my Pivot Desktop Application; that is:

In the event that the user resizes the Display to something smaller than the
minimum size and height of the child Window, that the Display will remain at
the minimum size of the enclosed child window.

If the user has a large monitor, and sizes the Display to anything larger,
all the child elements and display will scale to the larger size.

Currently, I've tried to add a ComponentListener to the Display passed in
startup(). The componentListener has the sizeChanged() function implemented
to call DesktopApplicationContext.sizeToFit() on the child Window. However,
doing this causes the window to "seize" and flicker everytime the Display is
resized by the user to a size smaller than the minimum size; thus this
solution is not ideal.

Any tips and advice would be appreciated; however, I personally prefer to do
this completely programmatically in Java, and would not like to use WTKX
(for now), unless using a WTKX source with my application is the only
solution.

Thanks,
Dave