pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Some random thoughts/questions about future functionality
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2010 22:32:03 GMT
> Hi Greg.  I still feel Amino has a lot to offer and plan to release it.

I'm sure it does, and I wish you the best of luck with it. However, I still think that a consolidation
of effort would ultimately be more beneficial to the Java UI community as a whole.

> I also plan to investigate your JarBundler. I didn't know about that until just recently.
It didn't come up in my research of Java exe tools.

Unfortunately, we can't take credit for that.  :-)  JarBundler isn't part of Pivot, it's a
separate project:

http://www.informagen.com/JarBundler/

It is a great way to package Pivot apps, though. Here's the link to the Windows .exe generator
I mentioned (yet another separate project):

http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/

> Perhaps we need to start a sort of 'client side java interest group', now that Sun/Oracle
is moving further and further away from it.

I think this makes a lot of sense. What did you have in mind?

Greg