pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Keystrokes not getting registered.
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 15:25:34 GMT
> Yeh. I guess have to experiment with that feature. So any particular reason why the actions
don't get registered at the time the window is created? I mean the Window does have the focus
after all.

The actions are registered when the window is created. The issue is that, while the AWT window
has the focus, the Pivot window does not. In Pivot, keystrokes go directly to the component
that has the focus and propagate up the component hierarchy from there. If no component has
the focus, the Pivot window will never get keystrokes, even though the AWT window receives
them, because there is no focused component to send them to.

> Also, how do I have the shortcuts for the keyboard accelerators? Like how when we press
the ALT+F key the File menu pops up on Firefox?

It isn't built in but you should be able to add a global action mapping to do this.