pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: PDF/XML From Pivot
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 13:09:30 GMT
Hi Alejandro,

As Sandro pointed out, signing your JARs will allow your application to access the local file
system (assuming that the user chooses to trust your code). However, generating the files
on the server is also a valid option. Though it may require more server resources, you won't
need to sign your client JARs, and you won't need to include as many JARs on the applet's
classpath. On the other hand, generating the files locally may produce a better user experience.

So either approach would work - it is really up to you do decide what is best for your app.