pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OpenJDK + IcdeTea plugin
Date Mon, 11 Oct 2010 13:06:15 GMT

Hi Alex,
sometimes I test Pivot under Ubuntu, with OpenJDK 6 and IcedTea plugin
installed, but while with OpenJDK all is good (for compiling and running
applications), the IcedTea plugin seems have many problems (not tied only to
Pivot, in Internet you can find many complaints by Linux users) ... but
don't get me wrong, I don't want a flame war, this is only based on my
experiments. I hope things will be fixed in that plugin.

So I can suggest you to try running in that plugin even some other
"standard" Swing or AWT Applets and see what happens, I made this test some
months ago and I haven't been able to see any Applet displaying its GUI (all
applets starts but nothing to display).

Can you try installing the "standard" (non-open source) Oracle Java Runtime,
and see what happens ?
If/when you have more info, tell us ...

Bye,
Sandro