pivot-user mailing list archives

From Superstring Media <superstring.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Web Queries and the Solr Search Engine
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 17:55:55 GMT
Has anyone in the Pivot community worked with Pivot and Solr, the enterprise search engine
based on Apache Lucene? The Pivot HTTP CRUD operations seem quite robust and I was wondering
how that hooked into Solr from a desktop client application.

Solr provides an API called SolrJ for clients to utilize which is used to communicate with
Solr on the server. Since Pivot has similar facilities I'm wondering if it is still required?

If anyone has an example of calling Solr from Pivot that would be much appreciated.

Thom