pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Laying out left and right justified objects
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 00:19:23 GMT
That's a good suggestion too.  :-)

On Sep 15, 2010, at 8:17 PM, Chris Bartlett wrote:

> Roger,
>
> TablePane has a static inner class named Filler which can be used as a placeholder between
you left aligned components and your right aligned components.

> <TablePane xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk" xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml">
>
> <columns>
> <TablePane.Column width="-1" />
> <TablePane.Column width="1*" />
> <TablePane.Column width="-1" />
> </columns>
>
> <rows>
> <TablePane.Row height="-1">
> <BoxPane>
> <TextInput text="Left" />
> </BoxPane>
> <TablePane.Filler tooltipText="Filler"/>
> <BoxPane>
> <TextInput text="Right" />
> <TextInput text="Right" />
> </BoxPane>
> </TablePane.Row>
> </rows>
>
> </TablePane>
>

> Regards,
>
> Chris
>
> On 16 September 2010 06:54, Roger L. Whitcomb <Roger.Whitcomb@ingres.com> wrote:
> I’m trying to lay out a little title bar with a title (Label) object on the left and
little move, pin and close icon buttons on the right.  How would I use the layout containers
so that the right-hand buttons move with the right edge of the container?

> Right now I have a GridPane, but this basically lays out things according to the widths
of the contained objects and I need things to fit their containers….

>                                    <TablePane.Row height="-1">
>
>                                      <BoxPane orientation="horizontal" styles="{padding:0,
fill:true,

>                                                                                 backgroundPaint:{paintType:'gradient',
>
>                                                                                 startX:0,startY:0,startColor:'#3982ef',
>
>                                                                                 endX:0,endY:17,endColor:'#3169c6'}}">
>
>                                                 <GridPane columnCount="4">
>
>                                                   <rows>
>
>                                                     <GridPane.Row>
>
>                                                       <FlowPane styles="{padding:2,
alignment:'left'}">

>                                                                 <Label text="Object
Explorer" styles="{color:'#ffffff'}"/>

>                                                       </FlowPane>
>
>                                                       <GridPane.Filler/>
>
>                                                       <GridPane.Filler/>
>
>                                                       <FlowPane styles="{alignment:'right'}">
>
>                                                                 <PushButton styles="{toolbar:true}"
tooltipText="Window Position">

>                                                                   <buttonData><c:ButtonData
icon="images/winpos-14.png"/></buttonData>

>                                                                 </PushButton>
>
>                                                                 <PushButton styles="{toolbar:true}"
tooltipText="Auto Hide">

>                                                                   <buttonData><c:ButtonData
icon="images/winpin-14.png"/></buttonData>

>                                                                 </PushButton>
>
>                                                                 <PushButton styles="{toolbar:true}"
tooltipText="Close">

>                                                                   <buttonData><c:ButtonData
icon="images/winclose-14.png"/></buttonData>

>                                                                 </PushButton>
>
>                                                       </FlowPane>
>
>                                                     </GridPane.Row>
>
>                                                   </rows>
>
>                                                 </GridPane>
>
>                                      </BoxPane>
>
>                                    </TablePane.Row>
>

> Thanks!
>

> Roger Whitcomb
>
> Architect, Engineering
>
> Ingres Corporation
>
> roger.whitcomb@ingres.com
>

> PHONE +1 650.587.5596
>
> FAX +1 650.587.5550
>

> www.ingres.com
>

> This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient named
above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original transmission and
all copies from your system.