pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: ComboBox
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 12:03:29 GMT
> The combobox (editable version) is useful when you want to present a list of possible
values and you want to enter a value that is not present in the list.

OK. It is worth thinking about. We have a similar issue with Spinner, which is also currently
non-editable. Maybe we should think about adding editor support to these components.

> Another problem is that creating a suggestion popup in pure WTKX / BXML is not very convenient
(have to attach textinput listeners, etc ..), is it even possible ?

You have to use an event listener to invoke the popup, since we can't know up front what event(s)
an application might want to use to trigger it. For example, some applications display suggestions
every time the text changes, but others do it only when the user enters a character (vs. deletes
one), some apps may want to show the list when the user presses the down arrow key, others
may do it when the user presses a button, etc.