pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@ingres.com>
Subject Further question about menu context
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 15:21:46 GMT
I'm working with the latest changes to 1.5.2/2.0 to pass in the
Component to the Action.perform() method(s), and I'm still having
trouble with differentiating the source of the action, particularly for
context menus vs. regular menus.  I (rather naively) thought that I
could test to see if the Menu.Item was ultimately parented by a MenuBar
or not to differentiate the regular window menu from a right-click menu.
Not so - both end up parented by a MenuPopup attached to the Display.
Then I thought I could use "isContextMenu()" from MenuPopup, which does
work, but not for submenus.... L  Is this a bug, or a misunderstanding
on my part?  Is there any other way to tell whether the menu item is
coming from a right-click menu or the menu bar?  Thanks.

The use case here is that I have some right-click menu items that do the
same action as regular menu items, but with different context.  Right
now, I mapped them both to the same action.  But, maybe I need to make
separate actions and that will solve it.  The case where the action is
invoked from a toolbar vs. a menu is solved with the Component being
passed in (also the shortcut key case).

Roger Whitcomb

Architect, Engineering

Ingres Corporation

roger.whitcomb@ingres.com <mailto:roger.whitcomb@ingres.com>

PHONE +1 650.587.5596

FAX +1 650.587.5550

www.ingres.com <http://www.ingres.com/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.