pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@ingres.com>
Subject Having trouble with layout containers
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 05:54:54 GMT
Hi again,

                I'm trying to lay out my basic screen and I'm having
trouble getting stuff to basically fill the available space.  Here's the
scenario:

Frame with menu bar

Tool bar under that

Split pane (horizontal) 30% on left, 70%on right

So, I'd like the tool bar to size itself to the image buttons that it
contains and I'd like to have the split pane then fill up the remainder
of the space allotted by the container.  What's the "right" way to make
this work?  At some point, there should be scroll bars when the
container is sized too small for everything to fit (the contents of the
split panes).

Thanks for the help.  I guess I'm struggling with the basics of layout /
scrollbar policy, etc.  Come to think of it, I struggled with the same
things with JSF too .....

I see that what I want CAN be done because the Component Explorer demo
does it just right, but I'm having trouble translating that into my
app.....

Roger Whitcomb

Architect, Engineering

Ingres Corporation

roger.whitcomb@ingres.com <mailto:roger.whitcomb@ingres.com>

PHONE +1 650.587.5596

FAX +1 650.587.5550

www.ingres.com <http://www.ingres.com/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.