pivot-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Leclaire <zeusvi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heads Up - new Pivot Article
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:39:39 GMT
2010/9/28 Greg Brown <gkbrown@mac.com>

> > I'm currently using 1.5.0 - where is the 2.0 branch and is it
> "production"
> > ready yet?
>
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/
>

> It hasn't been released yet, but the feature set is stable. I have been
> recommending that developers who are just beginning with Pivot consider
> starting with 2.0 rather than 1.5, since we have made a lot of improvements
> in the 2.0 branch.

Hi,

I try to start with 2.0 but it doesn't work for me. It's really difficult
without documentation I think!

I get sources on svn and compile them without errors.
However, I get only 5 jars files (there are missing pivot-tools and
pivot-web-server when I compare with pivot 1.5.1).

When I try a simple hello world (example from your presentation "Introducing
Apache Pivot" of 9/14/2010) with these jar, I get an error of theme :

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component.installSkin(Component.java:786)
        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Window.<init>(Window.java:453)
Caused by: org.apache.pivot.wtk.ThemeNotFoundException: A theme could not be
located.
        at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Theme.<clinit>(Theme.java:76)

Even it's not some final and stable versions, maybe you could provide some
nightly builds ? (Continuous integration systems are really good to do that
: http://ci.apache.org/)

Regards,
Thomas