pivot-user mailing list archives

From "A. J." <ozbt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ComboBox
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 07:47:29 GMT
The combobox (editable version) is useful when you want to present a list of
possible values and you want to enter a value that is not present in the
list.
You can achieve this in Pivot with a TextInput + SuggestionPopup but you
have no way for the user to open the list through mouse interaction (unless
you add a button of course but then you have to manage 3 components in pivot
where in other platforms you only have to deal with one).
That is where a combo is handy but I agree that functionnaly speaking, one
can use a mix of pivot controls to provide the same behaviour.
Another problem is that creating a suggestion popup in pure WTKX / BXML is
not very convenient (have to attach textinput listeners, etc ..), is it even
possible ?