pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Heads Up - new Pivot Article
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 10:28:19 GMT
I can only find this one very small test class that references
org.apache.pivot.util.MessageBus
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/tests/src/org/apache/pivot/tests/MessageBusTest.java

I imagine there will be a full write up for the 2.0 release. There may
already be something in svn somewhere, but my quick search didn't find
anything obvious.

This thread references MessageBus and might have a few useful snippets of
info.
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/messages-that-ascend-the-containment-hierarchy-td971601.html#a973733

>From what I remember of the article (the page is timing out for me at the
moment) it could certainly be used to demonstrate the use of messaging with
Pivot applications regardless of which messaging implementation was used.
 EventBus obviously has more features than Pivot's MessageBus, but I
remember the article being more about refactoring and the benefits of
decoupling via messaging rather than a mere advert for EventBus itself.

Chris