pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: ComboBox
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 01:24:45 GMT
> I think the most common use case for a ComboBox is a text field with a history where the
user can select from the list of previously entered strings.

That's a good example.

> Suggestion popup is not the same because the user has to enter something before a suggestion
is made.

Technically, that's not true - it is up to the app to decide how to trigger the suggestion
popup. This is often done as the user types, but it could also be done via another means such
as a "drop-down" button located next to the text input.

However, I think that adding editor support to ListButton will probably seem more natural
for those cases where you might want combo box behavior. I'll create a JIRA ticket for this.