pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: Laying out left and right justified objects
Date Fri, 17 Sep 2010 22:43:18 GMT
Did this (and took out the enclosing BoxPane) and it works great.  Thank you.

~Roger Whitcomb

On Sep 15, 2010, at 5:18 PM, Greg Brown wrote:

> You probably want to use a TablePane here. GridPane always makes cells the same size
(same as GridLayout in AWT).

> Create a TablePane with two columns and one row. The first column should have a width
of "1*" and the second "-1" (the default). The first column can contain the Label, and the
second should contain a horizontal BoxPane containing the buttons. The second column will
be given only the space it needs, and the first column will be given the remaining width.
FWIW, this is how we lay out the title bar in TerraFrameSkin.

> Hope this helps,
>
> On Sep 15, 2010, at 7:54 PM, Roger L. Whitcomb wrote:
>
>> I’m trying to lay out a little title bar with a title (Label) object on the left
and little move, pin and close icon buttons on the right.  How would I use the layout containers
so that the right-hand buttons move with the right edge of the container?

>> Right now I have a GridPane, but this basically lays out things according to the
widths of the contained objects and I need things to fit their containers….
>>                                    <TablePane.Row height="-1">
>>                                      <BoxPane orientation="horizontal" styles="{padding:0,
fill:true,
>>                                                                                 backgroundPaint:{paintType:'gradient',
>>                                                                                 startX:0,startY:0,startColor:'#3982ef',
>>                                                                                 endX:0,endY:17,endColor:'#3169c6'}}">
>>                                                 <GridPane columnCount="4">
>>                                                   <rows>
>>                                                     <GridPane.Row>
>>                                                       <FlowPane styles="{padding:2,
alignment:'left'}">
>>                                                                 <Label text="Object
Explorer" styles="{color:'#ffffff'}"/>
>>                                                       </FlowPane>
>>                                                       <GridPane.Filler/>
>>                                                       <GridPane.Filler/>
>>                                                       <FlowPane styles="{alignment:'right'}">
>>                                                                 <PushButton styles="{toolbar:true}"
tooltipText="Window Position">
>>                                                                   <buttonData><c:ButtonData
icon="images/winpos-14.png"/></buttonData>
>>                                                                 </PushButton>
>>                                                                 <PushButton styles="{toolbar:true}"
tooltipText="Auto Hide">
>>                                                                   <buttonData><c:ButtonData
icon="images/winpin-14.png"/></buttonData>
>>                                                                 </PushButton>
>>                                                                 <PushButton styles="{toolbar:true}"
tooltipText="Close">
>>                                                                   <buttonData><c:ButtonData
icon="images/winclose-14.png"/></buttonData>
>>                                                                 </PushButton>
>>                                                       </FlowPane>
>>                                                     </GridPane.Row>
>>                                                   </rows>
>>                                                 </GridPane>
>>                                      </BoxPane>
>>                                    </TablePane.Row>
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Roger Whitcomb
>> Architect, Engineering
>> Ingres Corporation
>> roger.whitcomb@ingres.com
>>
>> PHONE +1 650.587.5596
>> FAX +1 650.587.5550
>>
>> www.ingres.com
>>
>> This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient
named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review,
use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original transmission and
all copies from your system.