pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: JOGL and Pivot
Date Sun, 05 Sep 2010 13:16:32 GMT
For that matter, if anyone else wants to take a stab at this, I would love to see what you
come up with. If no one is interested I may attempt to tackle it myself when I'm done with
the new TextArea.  :-)

On Sep 5, 2010, at 8:17 AM, Greg Brown wrote:

> In theory, yes. The easiest thing would be to have DisplayCanvas extend javax.media.opengl.awt.GLPanel
rather than java.awt.Component. That would provide an OpenGL drawing surface for the entire
Pivot display. However, it would require all Pivot users to have JOGL installed which (unfortunately)
is probably not the case, since JOGL is not included with the standard JRE.

> Another option would be to port javax.media.opengl.awt.GLJPanel to Pivot (for example,
as an org.apache.pivot.wtk.GLPanel class that extends org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component rather
than JComponent). I have not looked into this in detail, but theoretically it seems like it
should be possible. It would also be very cool - if you do pursue something like this, we