pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gkbr...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Editable Numeric Spinner
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2010 15:30:58 GMT
> Previously, in my code I could access controls from lukeinit using:
>
> wtkxSerializer.get("lukeinit.componentId")
>
> but that support appears to be gone now. Sounds like bindable is the
> preferred path here - I had avoided it to start because the way I was
> using was super simple to get going as I started prototyping.

There's actually another reason that Bindable is now preferred to BXMLSerializer#get() - using
get() tends to promote placing event handling code in your Application class, which isn't
generally the best place for it. Now, it is easier to encapsulate that code in a Window or
Dialog subclass that is backed by an actual Java class (e.g. MyWindow extends Window) but
whose structure is declared in BXML:

<foo:MyWindow>
</foo:MyWindow>

Hope this helps.